Need Help with your Mac? Call Toll Free @ 1-855-382-8282
Is your Mac giving you a hard time? Get Instant help from highly qualified techs. Call Today!
How to configure the iPhone Wi-Fi sync settingsAugust 16, 2012
By configuring the correct iPhone Wi-Fi sync settings, you can link your phone with a computer over a wireless connection. iPhones with iOS 5 or higher versions support wireless syncing. The computer with which you want to sync the iPhone should have iTunes 10.6 or advanced versions. With a Wi-Fi connection, you won’t need to plug in your iPhone to the computer. However, syncing an iPhone via Wi-Fi can be a bit slow as compared to connecting through a USB. So, if you have lots of content to sync, use a USB connection.
The following are the steps to configure the iPhone Wi-Fi sync settings:
- To enable Wi-Fi syncing, first connect your iPhone to the computer through a USB port.
- On the iPhone management screen, select the option ‘Sync with this computer over Wi-Fi’ that’s displayed in the ‘Options’ box. To implement this setting, click the ‘Apply’ button.
- Now click the ‘Eject’ button next to the iPhone icon in iTunes and disconnect the iPhone from your computer.
- To connect your iPhone to Wi-Fi:
- On the iPhone’s home screen, tap ‘Settings’ followed by ‘Wi-Fi’.
- Now set the slider to ‘On’ to search for Wi-Fi networks.
- Select your Wi-Fi network to connect to it. A password will be required if it’s a secure network.
- On the iPhone home screen, tap ‘Settings’ and then ‘General’. Navigate to the second group of options and tap ‘iTunes Wi-Fi Sync’.
- Now on the iTunes Wi-Fi Sync screen, tap the ‘Sync Now’ button.
- A status message will notify about the status of the syncing. When Wi-Fi syncing is enabled, the ‘Sync Now’ button will change to read ‘Cancel Sync’.
Through these steps, you will be able to configure the iPhone Wi-Fi sync settings.
Note: Both your iPhone and the computer should be on the same wireless network to enable Wi-Fi syncing.